Please note that Toastmasters Whitby Pros is now in online club with quarterly in person meetings. Please request an invitation to attend.
We meet every Wednesday evening from 7PM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time. If you are looking to enhance your speaking, presentation, meeting, skills and leadership skills. If you want to be a club that follows Toastmasters International Guidelines, then we are the club for you.
To receive a meeting invitation contact:
1-905-728-2100 ext. 203
- Be on time. If you are going to be late, let the Toastmaster know so adjustments can be made. With online meetings it is even more important to log on prior to start time of 7PM EST,
- If you are unable to attend a meeting be sure to let the meeting scheduler know, so that they can adjust the agenda.
- Put your mobile device on Airplane mode and put it in your purse or pocket. If it is critical that you receive a call or message; “Put your device on vibrate, and your mic on mute, if you have to take the call or return a text.” It is impossible to be on the device and be aware of what is happening at the moment. It also sends out a negative message.
- Be prepared when you do have a role. Check the website for a reminder of the role duties.
- Attend meetings…even when you don’t have a function, we often need replacements for last minute cancellations. A good reminder is that table topics is a lot of fun and those without roles get to participate in table topics.
- Never eat during meetings except for at break time. In general, this is protocol for most meetings, not just for Toastmaster meetings. We have a meeting break, so you can always grab a quick bite during break, if you are unable to get a bite before the meeting.
- Always raise your hand to be recognized before speaking at any time other than an assigned role.
- Pay attention to the agenda so that you are ready perform your function when called upon.
- No offensive topics/language should ever be used. Avoid politics, religion, and sexual topics.
- Do not carry on side conversations during meeting, this is disruptive and disconnects you and the party you are speaking to from what is going on at the time.
- Do not use meetings to sell your products/services. Members get to know you and will contact you if they want to buy something from you.
- Always show courtesy and respect to all members.
- We always applaud for every member at the beginning and end of every role they perform.
- When speaking, project your voice so that people at the back of the room can hear you.
- Don’t avoid turning off your camera during meetings, it sends the wrong message. Of course there has to be times when it is necessary.
- Have good lighting.
- Have a good microphone.